Tuesday, July 22, 2008

KUSP can use your LOVE...


July 22, 2008, about 7:30 am...

As the fire activity and the event itself comes to a close, it will soon be time for me to sit down and shut up, and let others tell the post-fire tale.  There are a few more days of reporting to do, yet, though!

If you've appreciated the information on this 'blog and the tireless effort of the folks at KUSP to cover thoroughly the fire, the events surrounding it and our communities, my request is that you support Central Coast Public Radio, 88.9 FM - if you have the means and the intent - as generously as you can.

I volunteer my time to KUSP (I really DO have a regular job, to which I must return!). But, the station is largely Listener supported.

We are NOT KAZU, which is owned and operated by Cal State University Monterey Bay.

We are a community-based listener supported NPR affiliate that runs on donations from - as they like to say on PBS - "People like you."  

If you wish to support our efforts, now AND IN THE FUTURE, to cover locals news, arts, music and cultural events, we'd be most grateful and we'll use your money well! 

You can support KUSP by clicking RIGHT HERE.

And, thanks!!!!

____________________________________________

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,
As you say, we will all soon be melting back into our normal daily lives. Before then I would like to add my thanks for your coverage during a time when it was difficult to get reliable information. I appreciated your matter of fact approach, your humor and your "cool" attitude throughout. (Especially when tempers were flaring on other blog sites.)Hope to meet you someday!
Your neighbor up on Madrone Road

Duncan Lively said...

Kelly,

My hat (if I wore a hat) is off to you and the rest of the KUSP crew. Your reporting on the fires over the last two months represents everything public radio is supposed to be about--adroit and public service-focused.

I hope you and everyone else in that extraordinary place called Monterey Bay will soon have a chance to partake in the summer pleasures that have eluded you to this point.

Of course, it will soon be OUR turn here in the southland.